ALCINE, Alcalá de Henares / Comunidad de Madrid film festival, has already opened the deadline for submissions of shortfilms in the National and European Competition of its 49th edition !!!
September 2, 2019 is the deadline to participate in the National Competition, open to short films of production and / or Spanish direction up to one hour. The deadline to submit films to the European Short Film Competition, for majority European productions with a duration of no more than 30 minutes, ends on July 1, 2019.
To participate in both competitive sections it is necessary to fill out an 'online' form and send a viewing link of the film with English and / or Spanish subtitles in HD quality. All the information and the complete regulations can be consulted on the ALCINE website within the sections: National Short Film Competition and European Short Film Competition.
ALCINE, Film Festival of Alcalá de Henares / Comunidad de Madrid gives nearly 30,000 euros in prizes that are distributed as follows:
- First Prize 'Ciudad de Alcalá': € 7,000 and trophy.
- Second Prize 'Ciudad de Alcalá': € 3,500 and trophy.
- Third Prize 'Ciudad de Alcalá': € 2,000 and trophy.
- Superior Image and Sound School Award (CES) for Best Sound: € 3,000 in sound postproduction services for an upcoming work by the sound editor.
- 'Movistar +' Award: Prize for the best short film, consisting of the purchase of rights for its broadcast in Spain.
- Prize of the Public 'Councilorship of Youth of the Excmo. City Council of Alcalá de Henares': € 1,000 and trophy, granted by vote of the public.
- 'Comunidad de Madrid' Award: € 2,500 and trophy.
- 'AMA' Award (Madrileña Audiovisual Association) for the Best Production in Madrid: Be a member of AMA for free for one year.
- Best European Short Film: € 5,000.
- Second European Contest Prize: € 3,500.
- Third European Contest Prize: € 2,000.
- Audience Award: Trophy.
The winners of the two competitions will have the option to participate in the selection of the Oscars, since 2017, ALCINE is a qualifying festival for these prestigious awards in the category of animation and fiction. ALCINE is also a qualifying festival for the Goya Awards in the short film categories.
A total of 59 short films were selected in the National and the European Competition of ALCINE last year’s edition, a festival that in 2020 will celebrate its 50th anniversary.